The Tae Kwon Do Club @ IU has been an active part of the Indiana University Martial Arts Program since 1969. In that time we have trained over 250 black belts and taught the basics of Tae Kwon Do to thousands of IU students. Our head instructor is Jim Thomas, a seventh Dan black belt.
Tae Kwon Do is a fantastic means of maintaining physical health – it promotes flexibility, strength, and endurance. At the same time, it teaches you how to protect yourself, a priceless skill to learn. Lastly, your improved health and the knowledge that you can protect yourself will yield a wealth of self-confidence and personal satisfaction that will lead to success in all areas of your life.
Who can participate in TKD @ IU?
No experience is necessary — we welcome all skill levels from people just curious about martial arts to those with years of experience in a variety of Tae Kwon Do styles.
Every club practice is different since it is tailored to the skill level of the participants attending. Often, someone new to Tae Kwon Do will be mentored by a more experienced member of club during practice.
Practice Times and Locations
Our meeting times are Monday/Wednesday from 5:45 to 7:15. Later in the semester we will likely add optional Saturday practices.
Club has been activated so we are now practicing in SPH-163!
Everyone is allowed three free practices to decide if TKD @ IU is right for them.
If you choose to join club, dues are $40/semester or $10/month.
- Club is activeTae Kwon Do club has been activated which means we’ve moved back […]
- Welcome back!This fall promises to be much closer to normal than last year […]
- Congrats to our new officersLast week in club new officers were elected for the 2021-2022 school […]
- TKD @ IU Call OutWe will be having a call out meeting to start off the […]
- We’ll be back!During the COVID-19 pandemic Club Sports has suspended all clubs. As warm […]